Friday 24 April 2015

Boys and Exams!

24.04.15

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in ages! I've been really busy studying for my mock exams for the past few months. I finally finished my mocks though, yay! I'm really happy they're finally over, until next year when I will be doing the real thing! Just a bit of advice to people that are doing their mocks still or have some exams coming up. Here are my 5 steps!

1. STUDY! This is probably the most important step of all. If you study before you have your exam, then you are sure going to do well. My sister didn't really revise much when she had her real GCSE exams, and she got good grades, but not as good as she could have gotten. 

2. Go into the study hall with a positive mind! If you have a positive mind in the hall, knowing that you have revised about what you are doing, and you know that you can do it, you should be fine. By doing this, you will feel more confident in yourself, and your outcome will most likely be good.

3. DON'T PANIC! This is also a really important one. If you panic when going into the exam, you are going to probably get really frustrated and likely to forget most things you have revised. Before I went into my exams, I spoke to some of my friends for a while to make me calm, then I started to focus on my breathing. By doing this, it made my heart rate slower which makes me calmer. 

4. BE CONFIDENT! If you are confident in yourself, then you should do well. I went into my History exam and I was panicking. This made me get frustrated and be less confident in myself. Therefore, I don't think I did so well in my exam, whereas in my Food Technology exam, I went in there with confidence and I think I came out with a good result.

5. GET ENOUGH SLEEP! I know this may seem stupid, but if you don't get enough sleep on week or so of mocks, or when you are revising, then you may forget what you know, or what you have learned. A good idea of what to do, would be to set a time of when you are going to go to bed. I set my time for 9.30pm, because then I would get ready for bed at 8pm, and be in bed for 9pm, as it takes me 30 minutes to fall asleep. This may be different for you, so you can go to bed when you feel like it. Try not to go to bed to late, or you may forget what you know!

Those are my 5 steps on how to prepare for exams. This has helped me a lot for the past week, because I have been going into the hall confident that I have done well, and coming out confidently as well. Another thing I want to talk about today, is boys. Now, I went out with a boy I had known for roughly 3 or 4 years. We had a great brother and sister friendship and he felt like he could tell me anything. One day, when it was our first or second year in secondary school, I started to grow feelings towards him. I had told my group of friends at that time how I felt, and also told my mum who happened to work with him in our primary school. We had gone out for about 1 or 2 months. I was happy in the relationship, but because we hadn't kissed yet, my friends kept on pressuring me to kiss him (I was only 11 or 12 at this point, and now I'm 15, I realise how stupid I was to do this). In the end, the pressure from my friends about kissing him was getting to much, so I decided to dump him. I felt terrible that I dumped him and my friends where asking why. I just told them I wasn't happy in the releationship and they believed me. Know I realise those people weren't really my true friends because we should have kissed when we felt comfortable to. 

Anyway, lately him and his girlfriend have been hanging round with my new group of friends. There are now about 15 of us, and I feel happier than ever. However today, my ex and his girlfriend were hugging all the time, and what made it worse was that I felt the girl was rubbing it in my face. She knows that we went out, and I don't mind that she goes out with him, but today I had to try not to look at him hug one of my friends. Some of you may know how hard this is, but because I threw away our friendship, I feel terrible. I don't know what to do because I miss him. I don't know if I miss our friendship we had, or the relationship, because we were really close. 

If any of you are going through this, feel free to comment below. I really hope that I'm not the only one! But if you are going through this, I recommend that you talk to him about trying to regain your friendship back and try to get things back on track of being friends. Now, because I can differ between being confident and not confident, I find it hard to do things like this. If you guys think I should message him over facebook and ask if he wants to be friends like we used to, and if you have any advice, feel free to comment!

From being AwakeInTheGarden I am now going to SleepInTheGarden :) (this means I was online, but now offline. Just thought I would say!)

No comments:

Post a Comment