Sunday 24 May 2015

Bands And Band Merchandise

24.05.15


Bands. That's one word that makes me happy. I'm the type of girl that can sit there and listen to a song playlist or just one song for hours on end. Recently, I have discovered a new band. They may be indie/rock to some people, but they're the type of band that I wouldn't normally listen to. I mainly listen to the hardcore rock, metal, punk etc. Bands like Black Veil Brides, Tonight Alive, Fall Out Boy, BlessTheFall etc. This band that I have recently found has come a favourite with my family. The band is called Parachute. I don't know if they are well known, or a new band or anything. I think I found them on youtube when I was listening to Don Broco. I can't really remember. My favourite song by them has to be She (For Liz). I feel this song brings out so much emotion, and you can hear the country voice coming out slightly from the lead singer (or that may just be me aha).

Now, my favourite bands lately (because I switch between which bands are my favourite) have been All Time Low, Parachute, You Me At Six, Tonight Alive, Panic! At The Disco and The Pretty Reckless. I differ between these bands because some of All Time Low's albums I listen to, and then some I don't. I've gotten back into them lately because of their Future Hearts album, which I must say is Amazing. My favourite song on the album has to be Kids In The Dark, Satellite or Something's Gotta Give. With Parachute, I've recently just gotten into them, so they haven't made my 'have-to-listen-to-everyday' list yet. You Me At Six, are one of my favourite British bands. They have a unique style and I just love their music. They aren't in my top list, because I have broken my iPod, and their music is on there :(. Tonight Alive, Panic! At The Disco and The Pretty Reckless are all the same when it comes to listening to them. I would sometimes just randomly pick a song, and be like 'Oh, OK. I haven't listned to these guys in a while'. My 'have-to-listen-to-everyday' list is probably one of my biggest. I have loads of artists, so I'm going to list them, but not review them and stuff (only going to review my #1) :). OK, so my number 1 favourite band on this list is Black Veil Brides. These guys have always been my shoulder to cry on. Even though that sounds weird, I feel like this band has always been there for me when I need them. If I went through a rough day at school, then I would just have to listen to their music, and it always feels like the way I feel is being shown through what I'm listening to. When I first got into this music properly, Black Veil Brides was the first band that I listened to. My parents even said that when I was younger, it was like I was born to listen to Rock, metal etc music, as I would always smile and laugh when Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Green Day, Guns 'N' Roses and bands like that came on my mums music list. When I first started to listen to Black Veil Brides, my dad was the one who said they would help me become the real me, and show who I am to the world. Basically just be more confident in myself, not being afraid to show the real me and not be someone I'm not, and I guess he was right. This band has helped me come out of my shell, and not try to be something I'm not and just be me.

Okay... I think that is enough from Black Veil Brides aha. But the second band on my list is Green Day. No big surprise there! Number three is Nirvana tied with Pierce The Veil, number four is Falling In Reverse tied with Sleeping With Sirens, Number five is As It Is (a new band out), number six is The All American Rejects, seven is Blink-182, eight Bring Me The Horizon, nine 5 Seconds Of Summer, ten Asking Alexandria, eleven Avril Lavigne, twelve Bullet For My Valentine, thirteen Escape The Fate, fourteen A Day To Remember, fifteen Issues, sixteen Nickleback, eighteen Bon Jovi, nineteen is PVRIS, twenty Guns 'N' Roses twenty-one is Young Guns. There are more, but I think the list will end up too long... If you haven't listened to any of these bands, then I really do recommend them :).

Band Merchandise is one of my addictions. The only problem with the band merchandise is that it is so expensive! I mean, a top by Sleeping With Sirens for example, is £15.99 in the UK. For me, that's not bad for a band merch top. The only problem is, that if someone wants a band t-shirt, and they're not going to wear it all the time, then they may think that's a lot. As I wear band merch everyday (when I'm not at school that is), I would say that's cheap because I am getting my moneys worth out of it. My favourite type of band merchandise has to be the baseball style jackets. I love these because I find them so comfortable to wear, and they can be worn in Winter, summer, sping and autumn. My dream type of merchandise would have to be skinny jeans merch. Imagine having skinny jeans that have been designed by a band, with their name on them somewhere. For me, they would be the best as I literally live in skinny jeans, band t-shirts and skate trainers.

There are five things that I have said in this blog post that I can't live without. Some have helped me change who I am, have helped me through the hard times, and the others help me show who I am. There are obviously more things I can't live without, but maybe that will be another blog post. In this blog, my main things I can't live without is my music, band t-shirts, skinny jeans, skate trainers and my family.

SleepInTheGarden is offline...

No comments:

Post a Comment